Heart at Home Senior Services
You want the best care for yourself.
You are accepting that you need support to continue the quality of life that you currently have.
You want to live at home as long as possible.
You recognize that you can’t care for yourself the way that you once could. You want someone you can trust to help you with the day-to-day activities that need to get done.
You don’t want to burden your family.
Your family loves you and is willing to care for you, but you would prefer to have someone come in who is professional, trained, and who can truly meet your needs.
OUR SENIOR CARE SERVICES
Activities of Daily Living
As care starts, you may find that need help with what we call ADLs (Activities of Daily Living). Examples of ADLs are when you need help with activities such as:
- getting in and out of the shower/bath safely and getting dressed
- your morning or evening routine
- light meal prep
- medication reminders
- daily exercise and socialization
- light housekeeping
- transportation with routine errands or doctor’s appointments
Throughout our time with you fall prevention is always a top priority and our caregivers are constantly on the lookout for situations that have the potential to contribute to a fall.
You or your loved one may have a chronic condition, creating a need for assistance from a well-trained and highly skilled caregiver. Our caregivers have the foundation of our seasoned nurse behind them and provide the best-specialized care.
We can support you with:
- dementia care
- respite care
- custodial care, including
- ostomy care
- emptying urinary catheter collection canister
- g-tube feeding
- tracking blood sugars
- blood pressure tracking
- and more
Do you have another chronic situation and require specialized care?
Please reach out to us and we will be happy to see how we can support you!
What happens when you hire us?
Great question! We’re glad you asked.
- First, our RN will do an initial consult and Home Safety Evaluation.
- From our evaluations, a Care Plan will be established.
- We will work with you to coordinate a schedule for a caregiver to implement the agreed-upon Care Plan.
- Your Caregiver will then begin care.
- We insist on 30-day and 90-day follow-ups so our RN can revisit the home to review how well the Care Plan is meeting the goals of care and we will make any adjustments needed.
- Our RN will visit the home for an evaluation quarterly as well, so you can rest assured your Care Plan is consistently reviewed and you are getting the best care possible.
- You will always have direct access to the nurse and your Caregiver if you have questions or requests between our scheduled evaluations!
ClearCare Family Room
If you wish, your loved ones can stay in-the-know about your care.
Heart at Home offers our clients and their family members a unique tool called the “Family Room.” This allows your loved one to stay up-to-date on your care. Within the Family Room digital portal, they can:
- see the caregivers’ care logs
- send messages
- receive updates
- add to the ‘to-do’ list
- view the care calendar
- add personal or family events in the calendar so we are aware
- review and adjust medication lists
- view invoices
- and more
The ClearCare Family Room is an interactive tool that empowers your loved ones to direct the care you are receiving, if you wish. They can also communicate with your Heart at Home Care Staff, and follow along with the Care Plan created specifically for you.