Who We Are
Heart at Home Care provides in-home care to seniors and adults wishing to maintain an independent, healthy lifestyle – at home – for as long as possible. Founded by Abby Paylor, RN, BSN, the company offers a range of companionship and household services catered to the needs of each client.
Abby first began working in adult care as a nurse in 2008 when she joined the Greenville Hospital System and worked in adult cardiac care. She spent thirteen years with the hospital system (through three name changes: Greenville Hospital System, Greenville Health System, and now Prisma), focused on Cardiology, Home Health, Geriatrics, and Hospice care. As her career developed, she became the Nursing Supervisor for the Geriatric and Palliative care unit. She was acknowledged by patients, staff, doctors, and the hospital administration for her leadership and work as a supervisor.
How Did Heart at Home Care Get Started?
With Heart at Home Care, the client is truly the heart of the company. Everything we do – from staff education to personalized care – is done to provide a better, safer, and more comprehensive experience for our clients.
Many quality caregivers, nurses, and CNAs are abandoning their professions due to management requirements and corporate pressure. That is why we provide our employees with a caregiving environment that places quality of care and the health and safety of our patients first and foremost. We also ensure that our staff’s needs are fully met so that they in turn can take care of our clients to the best of their abilities.
Nurses and nurses’ aides become caregivers because they want to make a difference in someone’s life. A caregiver’s heart is special, and if we can allow that to thrive, only the best care will shine through. We nurture our caregivers by providing ongoing education, creating opportunities for continual growth and knowledge. Through numerous avenues for continuing education, we not only facilitate growth for our highly skilled caregivers, but we are able to keep our clients and their specialized needs at the heart of our company.
Our goal is to provide quality, personalized care depending on the unique needs of each of our clients, affording peace of mind to our clients and loved ones alike. These are just a few of the values that drive our passion for quality in-home care.
- We are accredited by the Better Business Bureau for our code of ethics, trust and integrity
- We only provide HIGHLY SKILLED caregivers
- Kindness and respect are at the heart of what we do everyday
- We listen to the needs of our patients and do what we can to keep them to be happy, fulfilled, and comfortable at home
- We understand how important it is for the family members of our clients to know their loved one is well cared for
- We provide several lines of communication for clients and family members so everyone feels involved in and able to contribute to the care their loved one receives
- We provide caregivers you can trust
- We run our company with integrity, accountability, commitment to clients, leadership, knowledge, teamwork, and passion
- We focus on “Aging in place” for seniors